Saturday, March 14, 2009

Warm Saturday at home

Our snow is melting. 

Corey and I just finished some strategic snow shoveling - an effort to route the water away from our house and keep it out of our basement window wells. I think we'll be in good shape as far as flooding is concerned. 

It's truly amazing how wonderful 50°F temperatures feel. As soon as it gets up to about 60° we'll open up the windows (for the first time since October). Oooo it smells so great after opening up the house for the first time – it's one of my favorite days of the year. Maybe we'll get to do that later this week.

I'm going to spend the afternoon quilting, so check back later for some photos. 

I made a new header (look at the top of the page). Do you like it? I'm in spring cleaning mode and thought the blog could use something fresh.

Last fall I planted tulip and hyacinth bulbs. I can't remember exactly how many I planted, but it was a Sam's Club box. There were lots. I've got bulbs planted in the front yard, side yards and back yard. If they all come up, we'll have a tulips and hyacinth flowers by the bushel. I think it will be a few weeks before they even start to grow since they are still under a foot or two of snow but I'm looking forward to seeing if they bloom.

Ohhh how I do love springtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment