Friday, March 20, 2009

The return of cruise control

Happy first day of spring! It sure feels like spring here - sunny and 50°F. Time to get the bikes tuned up and start planning my gardens.

With the return of spring (and roads that aren't covered in ice and snow) comes the much anticipated return of cruise control. I am a huge fan cruise control. Once I get out of our neighborhood, I have one road, with only one stoplight between me and work. It's a 7.5-mile drive, much of which has a speed limit of 55 MPH. Being a college road, it's highly patrolled for speeders. I'm no Speedy Gonzales, but since I've driven on the same exact same road, at least once a day, Monday through Friday, for over seven years, I tend to unintentionally have a heavy foot.

Enter: Cruise Control.

I don't remember using cruise control much, if at all, when I lived in California. But, here in North Dakota, it's the only way to drive. The roads are flat, straight, and empty.

Ahhhh. Just another reason that I love spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment