Thursday, March 12, 2009

Snow be gone

We're in for some big changes the next few days. Almost 70 degrees of change. It was -17°F this morning and it's supposed to be 50 next week. That balmy weather will melt our snow drifts in no time. So I figured I better get out in the back yard and document it while it's still laying around.

Speaking of the -17 temperatures today ... I wore a skirt today and forgot that I needed to fill my car with gas on the way to work (stupid, stupid, stupid). Well let's just say that I'm still trying to reestablish movement in my ankles. I swear they were frozen stiff. 

DSC_2454
I think the snow looks like sparkly sand. It is so deeply frozen and packed down from the wind that I was able to walk on 4-foot high drifts without sinking in. Pretty cool.

DSC_2449
Speaking of freaky snow drifts ... this is the south-west corner of our yard. The wind made the snow drift like this. It's crazy what a fence will do to a snow drift. The white fence at the back is seven feet tall, so that's some serious snow. By the way, check out all those tracks in the snow. Apparently we had some sort of critter in our back yard. 

DSC_2435
My bird bath and some plants that have seen better days.

DSC_2440
Another hot of the bird bath. And more neat snow formations around the base.

DSC_2433
Critter tracks. Any guesses?

DSC_2442
Waiting for spring ...

---
Corey's hair only has five days left! He is shaving his head on Feb. 17, in support of the St. Baldrick’s foundation, which “is the world's largest volunteer-driven fundraising event for childhood cancer research.” Corey is trying to raise $700 in donations before the big day.   Every little bit counts. Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment