Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

For this first time in my life, I hosted a major holiday gathering and meal at our house. After a few evenings of cleaning and cooking, Corey and I were ready. When everyone started arriving Wednesday, I knew this was going to be even more fun than I had imagined.

turkeys!
Look at those cute turkeys made of cookies and candy - so neat!

In all, there were nine of us for dinner. I had planned to use two tables ... but at the last minute, we remembered that our dining room table has a built-in (under the table) expander leaf, so in a matter of minutes, there was enough room for all if us to eat together. It was great. 

Schumacher Grandparents Thanksgiving
The nine included Corey and me, three of Corey's siblings, and Corey's parents and grandparents.

cooking in the kitchen
Corey's mom and I cooked most of the food - turkey, stuffing, hamburger and rice (a Hager tradition), gravy, mashed potatoes, pecan topped sweet potatoes, whisky glazed carrots, cranberry salad, cranberry sauce, bread, and coleslaw made by Corey's dad. I think I'm leaving out something ... there was just so much delicious food.

Thanksgiving feast 2008

During the day, we complied a long list (written on a roll of adding machine paper) of things we're thankful for. The list included everything from health to family to random things like chemistry.
Thankful list
We wrapped the list around our Christmas tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment