Thursday, November 6, 2008

SNOW!

leaves and ice on deck
"ice, ice, baby." This is what we woke up to ... delicate layers of rain, sleet, hail and snow, all turned to ice. lovely, just lovely.
snow on grass
I got home from work safe and sound today. They told us to leave early since the roads were getting pretty slippery and the visibility was decreasing. I'm not sure what lane I was driving in (nor did anyone else on the road) but I got home, and for that I am thankful. I took these photos upon my arrival. I braved the blowing snow to take them, so I hope you all thoroughly enjoy them.
red leaves in snow
flowers in snow
time to get out my snow boots
I think I need to get out my snow boots ... these rubber ones got very chilly. burrr. cold toes. burrr.
snowy evergreen
snowy pumpkin
This poor little pumpkin is wondering where October went.

Click on any of the photos to see them larger.

I should mention that we're still in a blizzard warning and the storm is far form being over. Good evening to quilt.


Update: 5 pm
Good thing I'm not planning fleeing Bismarck today - the interstate and highways are closed going north and west. It must be getting really bad out there. I hope my husband gets home from work soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment