Friday, November 7, 2008

Snowed in.

It's going to be an interesting dayI put my morning off to good use ... I started the shoveling effort for our front driveway and porch areas. 
morning snow blanket over our porch
This is what our porch looked like this morning. When the snow fell, it was quite windy so the snow ended up forming lots of drifts ... some very deep.
our porch swing with a new cushion.
Nice new fluffy cushion on our porch swing. 

snowed in
Somewhere under all the snow is our street and a sidewalk.
shoveling the snow.
My trusty blue shovel had its work cut out today.
I need to get me one of these.
I quickly noticed that I was the only one out "removing snow" with out one of these. I gotta get me one of those.
the porch ... after shoveling
The "after" porch photograph.

Our neighbor gets the "Neighbor of the Year" award - he offered to use his snow blower to clear off our driveway :) that made me very happy. I'm baking muffins to repay them.

The TV is running a "most schools and businesses are closed, no travel advised" message across the screen. I hope they cancel work this afternoon. Corey made it to work safe ... although he's one of two, out of 40 or so in his area that made it in so far.

1 comment:

LaDiabolik said...

Hello "Bison Girl" I'm LaDiabolik and I live in Belgium. Thank you for sharing your snowy pictures as here, we haven't seen (real) snow (one that allows you to make a snowman) for years. Bye for now: I'll continue discovering your blog.

Post a Comment