Sunday, November 2, 2008

'Where the Elite Meet to Eat'

As we usually do on Sundays, Corey and I went to church then headed over to the Little Cottage Cafe for bunch. The Little Cottage is one of my favorite places to eat – it's very casual, cheap and good. The restaurant itself is extremely small and quite a dive – it reminds me of eating on the train. It's long and very narrow and probably only seats about 30 people. It never fails, every time we go there we run into someone we know. I love it.

Okay, so back to today. We had placed our orders and were waiting for our food and I noticed that two booths down from us, the owner of the restaurant was taking a photo with a customer. I though this was a bit odd but thought nothing of it. When they started getting autographs, I realized this was probably someone of celebrity status. Turns out it was Kristen Dunst (the Spiderman girl) ... Kristen Dunst ... about eight feet from us! wow. Even after we saw her and knew it was her we were still in disbelief. Why would she be here, in Bismarck? And why on earth would she be in the Little Cottage Cafe? We got the first question answered: she's in North Dakota filming a documentary titled "Why Tuesday" - about why we vote on Tuesday. Read about it here.
(and no, she didn't look quite this made-up today)

The headline on the Little Cottage Cafe's tattered menus reads, "Where the Elite Meet to Eat." I always got a chuckle out of this - but not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment