Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Dutch

DSC_0506
On Friday, July 6, we gathered with the Dutch relatives on my mom's side for the Vander Vorst and Van Beek reunion. The reunion was at the SuperSlide park in Bismarck.

DSC_0502
This buggy belonged to my great, great grandmother, when she lived in Westfield, ND (southwest of Strasburg/Linton). My sister and I met her when we were very little - we don't remember much about her except that she had a neat rocking chair and lots of farm cats. The buggy was on loan for the day from  Lawrence Welk homestead/museum in Strasburg. Small world ... Corey's dad grew up at a farm next to the Welk farm.

DSC_0508
Bob and Kristen and kids

DSC_0542
cowboy Parker

DSC_0545
Caleb, Madison and Parker

DSC_0548
three of my all-time favorite people.

DSC_0519
We took Kya on the super slide first because we were sure she'd like it. We were wrong. Very wrong.
For the remainder of the evening, she strictly avoided all rides (even the jump house) by at least a 50 yard radius.

So, that gave us 'big kids' a chance to use up all the ride tickets Corey bought for Kya.

DSC_0528
The Zundel/Hager bumper car rally.


DSC_0565
I'm pretty sure Kya gets her scardy-cat traits from me.

DSC_0583
At least she had two fantastic pals to hang out with.

DSC_0587

DSC_0592
Ferris wheels are now on my 'do not ride' list.
With Ronda, my aunt.

DSC_0604
My cousin Lauryn, enjoying the action.

DSC_0627
On his last ride, Parker impressed us with his expert race car driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment