Sunday, May 8, 2011

All About Kya

Happy Mother's Day to all the great moms, aunts, and grandmas out there. We definitely have been blessed with the best of the best.

DSC_1755
Today is Mother's Day so I think it is only appropriate to write all about my little miss Kya.

Kya had her first big newspaper appearance today in the Bismarck Tribune. Kya and I and Bison Booties had a whole story to ourselves written about North Dakota mom statistics and my experience being a mom.  Click here to read the story.

DSC_1787
This morning the three of us went for a walk down the gravel road. It was a beautiful warm sunny morning ... without wind! Just what I wanted for Mother's Day.

DSC_1795
Kya loves sunglasses. Especially if they belong to me.

DSC_1788
She seems to think they are hers.

DSC_1708
Kya also loves spicy food. I'm not referring to "mild" or even "medium" spicy. SPICY! Corey says it is because she bathed in hot sauce for nine months (I craved spicy food every day of my pregnancy). I think a taste for spice runs in her genes (both Corey and I enjoy spicy food). Whatever the cause, she will happily eat spicy green curry, hot salsa, hot sauce, and spicy V8 juice. Her latest favorite is a Pancheros pork burrito with hot salsa and fuego sauce ... this was almost too spicy for me.

DSC_1801
She has recently become a very good sleeper. It was about time. For six nights straight, our 13-month old Kya has slept a solid 12 hours without waking up.

DSC_1798
She is also taking better naps during the day.
A baby that loves sleep: Best Mother's Day gift. Ever.

DSC_1710
Kya's hair is quickly growing in and filling out. We have been having fun spiking it at bath time ...

DSC_1719
and experimenting with static.

Thank you Kya for letting me be your Mother. I love you so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment