Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Missouri River Flood 2011: part 2

I become more sad each time I post about our loved river cabin and the rising river. I have to remember that there are many many people in Bismarck and Mandan losing a lot more than a "cabin" river lot... but it is still sad.

Taken at 1 pm on Wednesday, May 25.
In all honesty, I feel kind of strange posting these photos because the river is still far lower than it will be in the next few days. But it is already so much higher than it was Monday.

DSC_2113
As I took this photo my grandpa was mowing the lawn right next to me. I love their optimism.

DSC_2109
My grandma was busy weeding her flower beds around the cabin.
There is a lot of love in this place.

DSC_2118
Please don't fall into the river.

. . .


Updated Flood Map Book from the City of Bismarck

Other charts are maps from the City of Bismarck: http://www.bismarck.org/index.aspx?nid=651

Bismarck Tribune section with all flood-related articles: http://www.bismarcktribune.com/news/flood2011/

The Dakota Zoo (yes, the same one we visited just a few weeks ago) is relocating all animals to other zoos in North and South Dakota. The zoo is closing indefinitely starting at 4 pm today.

No comments:

Post a Comment