Monday, May 16, 2011

to the zoo

Sunday was a fun day. There really is no other way of saying it.
On Saturday, we ran errands and did all our weekend chores. We even went to Saturday evening mass.

Sunday morning was slow and relaxing, spent lounging in pajamas and enjoying a homemade brunch. The weather was finally sunny and [gasp!] warm and [gasp!] not windy. We were in great spirits.
Kya took a morning nap and then we headed out to the Dakota Zoo.

DSC_1925

DSC_1930

DSC_1898

DSC_1893
A lucky bison got to meet Bison Booties. It was a big moment in history.

DSC_1914
My little girl played at the park for the first time.

DSC_1903
Yeah, she liked it. A lot.

DSC_1920
The slide was a little scary for my sweetie, but she smiled through it.

It's fun living in a small community like Bismarck-Mandan ... it seems like everywhere you go, you bump into friends. That was true again at the zoo. Such fun.

After the zoo, we got to visit the newest baby of the family, miss Lauryn. Lauryn is the new little sister to my cousin Parker. She is adorable, sweet and the most sound sleeper I have ever known. She gives a good name to "sleep like a baby."

DSC_1935
I didn't fully realize how much Kya has grown in the last year until I held Lauryn. Wow, I have a CHILD!

DSC_1941 copy
Lauryn. Welcome to the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment