Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Note About Little Miss Kya

It seems that Kya learns something new and grows a bit bigger every day.

DSC_7628
Kys is really enjoying her hands, and is starting to find her toes. She is still sucking on her thumb occasionally, and is getting very attached to her swaddling/security blankets.

DSC_7609'
Kya is definitely a water baby. I've heard that she can start taking swimming lessons once she's six months old. I know that would be a fun treat for her - and us. If she could, she'd spend every minute of every day outside.

She likes to be on the go. We've definitely got a mover/shaker on our hands. She really enjoys grocery shopping. So many people coo and talk to her and she gives out lots of free smiles.

DSC_7625
She enjoys eating. A lot. I'm glad we are into a routine or I think she'd want to eat all day. I sometimes like to give Kya a little "breather" part-way through her meal if she's eating too fast ... well she isn't very fond of that and she usually gives me her best pouty lip and then a squeaky cry. As soon as I start to motion toward feeding her again, she gets a huge smile and starts cooing. It melts my heart, and makes me laugh.

For the past few weeks I have been curious as to how much Kya weighs. I know she is growing by leaps and bounds, but I didn't know how much, exactly. Today Grandpa Darwin rigged up his travel luggage scale, and we weighed Kya's car seat, then put her in it and weighed it, and we subtracted the seat weight. At about 3.5 months old, Kya weighs 14 pounds, 4 ounces.

No comments:

Post a Comment