Wednesday, July 28, 2010

House talk: is it go-time yet?!

We.Move.In.Tomorrow.

I am SO EXCITED!!!!

The driveway has been packed with cars and trucks that belong to workers finishing up the last to do's. Unfortunately, there will still be a few things left to do when we move in, but they will be completed soon after. The tile I picked out for the bathroom tub and kitchen back splash were both backordered, so that is on the list for next week.

So what are they working on this week?

- The back deck. I'm so excited to have you all over for a beverage and chat on the deck. It's amazing - the views, sounds, and peacefulness out there are amazing.

- Electrical stuff

- Paint touchups

DSC_7783
- Finishing work like cabinet knobs and drawer pulls

DSC_7772
If you are ever in the market for cabinet hardware, check overstock - I got these for about half the price of the same thing in the hardware store.

DSC_7775
- Cleaning. Our builder's mom has a cleaning business and her crew visited the house this week. Among lots of dusting, vacuuming, and scrubbing, they took the plastic off the windows. I didn't think the views could get much better, but they did.

DSC_7768
- The finishing guys also installed the mirrors in the bathrooms.

DSC_7793
- Lighting. Oh golly this was much more complicated than it should have been but I think we got everything figured out. Between my forgetfulness, too many under cabinet lighting choices, and the lighting store's mistakes, it was quite a stressful and busy couple days. I'm happy to report that we got everything sorted out and the last missing light fixture will arrive Monday.

- Appliances. As you can see, they are not in yet. Hopefully soon. Please. I really like refrigeration.

----------

So this will be my last post in our apartment. I can hardly believe this day has come. Assuming all goes as planned, I will have satellite internet connected at the new place on Monday.

----------
Oh! I almost forgot.

DSC_7781
Kya is excited too. And she thoroughly enjoys practicing rolling on the carpet. Just the right firmness and softness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Who! What an exciting time for you. House looks great. I'm available to help move or babysit. :) Goodbye apartment living!!

Ronda

Laura said...

I'm so excited for you! The house looks WONDERFUL. Happy moving-in!!!! I wish I could help you unpack. I think it's fun... almost like Christmas! :)

Post a Comment