Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hanging out with Uncle Bob and Grandpa Darwin

IMG_2608
Last weekend, Corey went pheasant hunting with my Uncle Bob and Grandpa Darwin. They got six pheasants, all near Westfield, ND. I've written about Westfield before ... but if you missed it, it's a tiny little gathering of a few homes and a Dutch Reform church, and ... well that's all. My great grandparents are from there and I think it's pretty neat that our family still visits/hunts there.

I think their orange vests are cute.

DSC_5362
This weekend we Corey helped Uncle Bob and Grandpa Darwin with the annual chore of "taking in the dock." The dock consists of two parts: the ramp and the landing. The boys pushed the landing up to the shore where it is stored. Bob hooks a motor to the landing and "Davey Crockett-style" floats it on the river, to a boat ramp, where they take it out of the water.

Those crazy, boys, always up to something ...

No comments:

Post a Comment