Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday roundup

This weekend, Corey and I were driving in town and it was snowing. It wasn't coming down hard, but the flakes were huge, and clumped together. I said that had this been in the late fall or early winter, I would have really enjoyed it. I would have marveled at the beauty of the fluffy snow. I would have made Corey drive me home to get my camera for photos. But at this point in the year (it's the middle of February for pete's sake!) I'm not in the mood for snow anymore. I said "ho hum, look at the snow." 

Fast forward to today. I opened the garage door to head out to work and wow! Everything within my sight was covered with frost. It was beautiful. I ran back inside and grabbed my camera so I could document the beautiful February frost. I got back in the car, camera in hand and had to laugh at myself. Wasn't I just venting yesterday about how tired I am of the winter weather? Wasn't I just saying that it wasn't worth taking photos of anymore? 

The weather showed me who's boss. 
And it's not me.

Here are a few photos I took on the way to work (and a few on campus, at work). 

February Frost 4
In our yard ...

DSC_2311

February Frost 2
At work ...

February Frost 5

February Frost 1

February Frost
Last photo before going in to work. A random car in the parking lot.

 ---
DSC_2336
My adventure in knitting is off to a roaring start! Look at all the progress I've made since Saturday. I think I'm addicted already.

No comments:

Post a Comment