Thursday, February 12, 2009

Let's take a jaunt around the world

DSC_2303
This is Corey and my shot glass collection. We might not have hundreds of them, but they each have their own story.

Let's start with the left and work our way right.

IMG_4448
The first one is from Hawaii. No surprise there – it's got a sea turtle hanging off it. Corey and I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon. Ooh lala. Corey lost his wedding right right before we took this photo at Hanauma Bay.

n500410020_785259_5547
The next one is from Corey's trip to San Diego, CA. He and a friend (Eric) went to surprise another friend (Dawn) for her wedding. This was just months before Corey and I met, late summer of 2006.

n161801043_30070636_3885
The third one is from Sturgis, SD. My old roommate, Lori and I drove down to Sturgis the summer of 2006, for the motorcycle rally. It was a spur-of-the-moment, unplanned trip. We made the decision to go, Friday night and we left Saturday morning. We drove my car (an SUV) and parked it in a campground (where, conveniently, Alice Cooper was playing that night) and slept in my car. Definitely not the most resting night of sleep, but the trip was totally worth it – and I don't even like motorcycles. I have lots of funny/crazy tales if anyone ever wants to hear them...

DSC_0748
The fourth shot glass is from Amsterdam. My parents, sister and I went there the the summer of 2006. Wow 2006 was a big year for our shot glass collection. Amsterdam was awesome. I wish we would have spent more time there. I took this photo – it's one of my most favorite photos I've taken. Ever.

DSC_1838
The fifth one is actually my sister's. She bought it in Prague, in the Czech Republic. It's from the same Europe trip, but I had to fly home to get back to work. In the meantime, Caitlyn and my parents went to Prague. The shot glass is funny - it says "Czech me out." Get it?! Ha.

DSC_1769
The fifth crystal shot glass was given to me by my boss and his wife on one of their trips. I think it's also from the Czech Republic. It's definitely our prettiest shot glass. 

The last one. I don't know about that one. It doesn't have a city printed on it but it's rather funny. It says "warning obnoxious drunk in progress." How true that can be. 

Well that concludes the shot glass collection and tour. 

I feel that I should mention that just because I own shot glasses, I'm no drunk. I just like them. To look at. Right. Yep. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

If I was going to drink out of one of these lovely shot glasses, I'd have to be sipping Sambuca

1 comment:

Brooke said...

What a fun Blog! Makes me want to do one of our shot glass collection LOL!

Post a Comment