Monday, January 14, 2013

boom boom!

Basement remodeling has officially started!
- all our basement storage (holiday decor, baby stuff, extra mattresses, etc) is organized and plastic-wrapped
- lumber was delivered last week
- framing started today

Here are a few 'before' panoramic photos:

basementpano1
from left: Bison Booties studio, stairs, family/media room (with wet bar, a.k.a. man cave), storage, bathroom (guest room on far right, not shown)

basementpano2
from left, standing in the family/media room: storage on left; bathroom, guest room (back center); game table in nook at bottom of stairs; stair wall far right. My sewing studio is not shown, but would be on the far right, on the other side of the stairs.

IMG_0597
... and my hangout: the Bison Booties studio before, and after I moved everything out of it. All my sewing necessities are upstairs – I took over our guest room. The rest of the material and decor went into storage (plastic-wrapped in our basement).

. . .

Construction is on a very quick and optimistic schedule, they hope to have it taped and textured by the end of January (of course much needs to be done before then: plumbing, electrical, a/v, insulation, sheetrock, etc). I'll try to keep up with photo updates but phew this is going to be fast.

We're kind of encouraging flat out bribing our contractor with an all-you-can-drink St. Patrick's Day party ... if the basement is finished by then. I think he's up for the challenge. It will be exciting!

I'm so looking forward to having a proper guest room for our family and friends that come to visit (guests welcome!). And of course I am anxious to have heat and electricity in my sewing studio. It'll be so much fun to decorate too! Oh goodness, where to start?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

new follower!! GO BISON!!!! I live in MN but work in Fargo.. :)

Post a Comment