Tuesday, May 15, 2012

the painting toddler

Yet another thing I am excited about ... Kya loves to paint!
She calls it "pin-ting" and asks to do it at least three times a day.

DSC_7493
Painting seems to run strongly in her blood: both my grandmas were/are great painters and my mom has been a life-long artist.

DSC_7489
I dabbled in painting too. In high school, my best friend Laura and I would paint everything in sight. When we ran out of the obvious, we painted tissue boxes, our window sills, and even our door frames.

DSC_7497
I started my college career in California, as an art major. Lucky for Kya, I still have a great collection of acrylic paints, pencils, pastels (and of course fabric and canvases) for Kya to create with when she is older.

Corey already bought struck a deal with Kya for one of her latest works and has it hanging in his office at work.

a creative toddler = a proud mamma

1 comment:

Linds said...

Since she's your offspring, of course she's creative. I still think of you as one of the most creative people I've ever known.

Post a Comment