Sunday, May 13, 2012

happy {grand}mother's day 2012

DSC_7547
{giggle. giggle!}

DSC_7543
{happy mother's day!}

This is Kya speaking writing. I would like to tell you all about my wonderful grandmas and aunts (I am so lucky to have so many!). I love them all so much. Each one has taught me wonderful things and I've inherited a special trait from each. All of these amazing one-of-a-kind ladies have made me who I am.

DSC_4721
Grandma 'Arf' Hager (daddy's mom)
Grandma loves Penzey's and I also love Penzey's "pie-sees" (spices). Grandma taught me all about good food. And butter. Grandma is always happy to have me help her in the kitchen and I have learned to cook from this Grandma.

561167_3263891715345_1208813297_32417468_126920758_n
Grandma 'Z' Zundel (mommy's mom)
Grandma Zeee taught me to love bugs ... and all things creepy and crawly and gooey and slimy and messy. What fun! She taught me how to fish too. From Grandma Zee, I inherited my love of the outdoors.

DSC_1591
Great Grandma 'Rene' Vander Vorst (mommy's grandma)
Grandma Rene taught me all about long walks. I love long stroller rides with Grandma. Grandma Rene gave me a great joy for painting and being creative.

DSC_7353
Great Grandma Hager (Daddy's grandma)
Grandma Hager gave me my appetite for German food. My favorites are sauerkraut and knoephla soup. Mom thinks I got my cute little German accent from Grandma Hager too.

DSC_5214
Great Grandma 'Katy' Zundel (mommy's grandma)
Grandma Katy gave me a love for reading and books. Mommy says I enjoy trips to the library almost as much as Grandma does. Grandma Katy and I both like drinking hot chai tea.

31830_518933547469_161801043_30769547_5877384_n
Great Grandma Schumacher (daddy's grandma)
I miss my great grandma so very much - she passed away when I was just a baby. I sleep with my Grandma Schumacher blanket every night. As you can see in this photo, I have been attached to my blankie since I was a baby. Grandma passed on a love for aprons ... if mom is cooking, I insisted on wearing my apron ... whether or not I am helping cook.

. . .

Now on to the aunties!

DSC_0667
Aunt Caitlyn 'kee-kee' (mommy's sister)
My kee kee is so special because she likes ice cream. I like ice cream too! Kee kee helps me stay on the straight and narrow with her physical therapy tips. Just to keep things interesting for my mom and dad, I think I inherited kee kee's tantrums (she was known for them when she was a youngster).

DSC_2717
Aunt Maria (daddy's sister)
Aunt Maria and I get along very well. Maria loves water. I love water. When she visits in the summer, she teaches me how to swim. Maria goes to school at North Dakota State ... and I am a big Bison Fan! Maria and I both like a good steak.

. . .

Happy Mother's/Grandmother's/Aunt's Day!
xoxo kya

No comments:

Post a Comment