Monday, May 7, 2012

Kya's two-year check-up

Photo on 2012-05-07 at 10

Kya and I visited the doctor's office today for her two-year check-up.
I talked up the visit so much, and she had such a good time with the doctor, that when we left, she said "again, again."

It was a fun visit - no concerns, and no shots. Kya and Mama were relaxed and happy. Kya has the best doctor - Dr. Ocejo, pediatrician at Medcenter One. He an amazing doctor and is so great with Kya. I would like him to be MY doctor.

. . .

Kya is 33 inches tall (25th percentile) and she's a lightweight at 21 pounds (1st percentile). Yes, she is almost off the charts in weight. There is no concern about her weight since she eats well and has great energy. And I guess it's no surprise that the 'bean pole' body shape is running strong in her genes ... have you seen my and Corey's child/adolescent photos?!

I already knew Kya was small for her age. She wears most clothing in size 18-24 months but has two coats in 12 month size that are still big. Most of her pants are baggy but I blamed that on her lack of diapers now that she is potty trained.

I will honestly say that I was not believing that she only weighs 21 pounds - she sure feels heavy when I carry her around WalMart for 30 minutes! So I invested in a scale (we didn't own one prior to today). After a very large dinner, lots of water, and a full tummy, Kya weighs a whopping ... 23 pounds ... almost. Yup, I guess she really is tiny.

Oh how I love my {little} Kya.

. . .

After her appointment, we had a celebratory (and weight-gainer) frozen yogurt party with Grandma ReNay 'Zee' and Great Grandma Irene and my Aunt Ronda.
561167_3263891715345_1208813297_32417468_126920758_n
My mom - Grandma Zee - departs for home (Alaska) tomorrow. We will miss her very much!

1 comment:

Don Zundel said...

wonderful update on our Birthday Girl. She is an image of her parents youth....

Great picture of "Zee", thanks for sharing, Dad

Post a Comment