Saturday, November 14, 2009

The nursery: part 1

My nesting urges have been fulfilled, at least for now ...

DSC_5503
Our crib arrived last week – many thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Hager (Corey's parents)!

Corey spent a few hours assembling it this afternoon. I had so much fun watching. He was really cute making the crib :) It took him a bit longer than it should have because he ran into a glitch getting everything lined up, but in the end, it turned out great!

For those that might be crib shopping - this is the DaVinci Emily Crib in white.

DSC_5506

The rocking horse was made for my sister and I by my Great Grandpa Lowitz, and refurbished by my dad. The adorable little chair (with the pillow on it) was Corey's when he was a little boy. It is in need of some serious TLC, so my dad and Corey will work their magic on it later this winter. The nursery will also have a twin bed in it.

The nursery is located in our former upstairs guest room. The guest room relocated to the next room, and is now an office/guest room.

It's so exciting to see the room come together!
I can't wait to continue "fluffing" our nest.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary! Are you doing anything special?

Post a Comment