Sunday, June 14, 2009

First weekend of summer in Bismarck

The first official day of summer is next Sunday, June 21. But this weekend in Bismarck it was definitely summer.

DSC_3724
The weekend started with Friday evening at Bismarck's Ribfest.

DSC_3725
We enjoyed the ribs and music with some great friends. The weather was perfect too!
Wow Corey ... you're really tall.

...


pano missouri river
On Saturday, we headed out to the river. We hitched a ride with my Uncle Bob, Aunt Kristen and Aunt Ronda, and floated the afternoon away.
To see the photo larger, click on this photo above and then click on 'all sizes' ... I created the panoramic in Photoshop with a series of photos taken on Saturday.

DSC_3742
We made a stop at a sandbar. My feet hit the sand for the first time this summer. Ahhh.

DSC_3730
The sandbar was just south of the railroad bridge (pictured above) and very picturesque. The only problem was that we parked the pontoon near all the goose droppings ... yuck.

DSC_3728
It was a very popular place. Seemed like everyone was enjoying the perfect day on the river.
The water is still very cold (mid 50s) so we spent our time on land rather than in the water.

DSC_3752
On the way back to the cabin, we cruised by the Lewis and Clark Riverboat.

...

Sunday afternoon was spent much like Saturday – on the river. But today was much windier than yesterday so we found shelter on a small shallow arm of the river.

DSC_3807
I was living it up with an Arbor Mist "fine wine" (with a twist cap), in a camouflage can koozie. I always go for high style on the river.    
... or not.

This year I'm doing very well with my goal of not getting sunburned. I highly suggest investing in a sun hat.

DSC_3822
And here's Corey. He has a hat too - he got his hat during our honeymoon. I think I will always like that hat.

...

Happy Summer!

3 comments:

ReNay said...

I miss you!!!! Can't wait to get there!
Love You
Mom

Anonymous said...

what is your obsession w/taking pictures of your feet?

Bison Girl said...

Good question. I guess I like my feet and I like what is under them.

Post a Comment