Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Photo Safety

This is paranoid Erica speaking ... 

... alert .... beeep .... beeeep .... beeeep ....

Over the last few years, I've heard many warnings and cautionary tales about posting photos and information online. I've finally "come around" and have decided to restrict the viewing of some of my photos to family and friends only. Ideally, this "family and friends" circle will be large ... so, please, all of you distant third cousins in-law, and friends from the past or present, please feel welcome. 

Here's how it will work:
- the blog and photos on it will be open to the public
- larger groups of photos (sewing, vacations, holidays, cooking, nature, etc.) will appear on Flickr
- some of the Flickr photos (family, vacations, holiday and people photographs) will be to available for viewing to friends and family only

So, if you are a friend or family member and want to have access to view my photos, please sign up for a free Flickr account and add me as a friend (search for "Erica Hager"). Thank you for helping to keep my photographs, and the folks in them safe! :)

If you don't want to sign up for a Flickr account, let me know by writing a comment to this post and I'll send you a guest pass.

A short word about Flickr ... from what I've seen, it's great: larger photo viewing, big slideshows, great organization. I did a lot of research and I feel this is good choice for my photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment