Sunday, October 26, 2008

Old School

Today Corey and I are livin' it up 'old school' style. Corey is out hunting. I'm at home sewing. Ah, the life.

In all honesty, I had planned to run a few errands today but I'm scared to go outside. The wind is so crazy today. And, plus, it's cold. So here I am, safe inside.

Corey, on the other hand, is out braving the elements, hunting with my uncle Bob and grandpa Darwin in the small town of Westfield, ND (sound familiar? yes, I've written about it before). Check out this link to Westfield on MapQuest ... the only roads leading to it are gravel ... which explains why it appears to be "floating" on the map. Anyway, the boys are hunting pheasants. Corey and I went shopping yesterday (a rare occasion when Corey initiates the shopping) for "hunting stuff" ... so he's all decked-out in hunting boots, a vest, and warm socks. He even cleaned his gun yesterday ... so those pheasants don't stand a chance :)

If I could take a photo of wind, I would. It is seriously out of control today. Sustained wind of 40 mph and gusts of over 60 mph. I don't care who you are - that's just crazy. I'm staying in today - down in the basement where I can't hear the wind quite as much. I'll be back here later to post some photos of what I'm working on. Oh, and I'll also be posting a photo of a special gift I received Friday night from Corey's grandpa Andy. 

One "New Web Site" update: the 'old' site is still available to viewing online at http://web.mac.com/ericaz but you the comments are disabled ... so if you want to comment, head on over here to the "new site" ... www.bisongirl.com. I'l be slowly moving over some of the more interesting posts like recipes in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment