Monday, March 12, 2012

the one that likes to vacuum

It seems like just yesterday that Kya was terrified of the vacuum. Well, in the blink of an eye, she became happily obsessed with the machine.

At the slight mention of "vacuum time later today" or "oh look, there is Bison Booties fuzz the floor," Kya quickly gets to work.

DSC_6378

She has all the moves down ... moving the rugs, pushing the chairs out of the way, the 'one step forward one step back' vacuum dance moves. Kya specifically likes the hose attachment on her play vacuum - she makes sure to get it in all the corners and under the couch.

Two of Kya's new words are "due-ree" (dirty) and "fuzz" (faux sherpa from Bison Booties).
All she needs is working vacuum and I'll be out of a job!


When I vacuum the floors (for real), I put Kya in the Ergo baby carrier on my back. This not only keeps her content snuggling with me, but it also keeps her from pulling the plug (she thinks this is hilarious). It has turned into a fun chore and I'm pretty lucky to have such a cute helper.

3/4/12 Edited to add:
I forgot that I snapped a photo of Kya and I 'piggyback' vacuuming last week.
Here we are in all our housekeeping glamor ...
Photo on 2012-03-06 at 16

No comments:

Post a Comment