Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Harvest season

Some random Tuesday stuff. There is really no other way to describe it.

DSC_3437
Harvest season is here and it's hard to not know it. Drive safely and watch out for all the tractors and combines on the road. I passed five of these big fellas when I was driving home on Monday.

DSC_3467
Last night we had two bands of thunderstorms roll though. Lucky for us, we got the most gentle part of the storm (which was still about 1/2 inch of rain and lots of lightening and thunder). I say "lucky" because our lawn was seeded yesterday morning and I really don't want to pay to have it re-seeded if it all washes away. Note to self: need to update blog on landscape progress.

DSC_3464
Also yesterday, Kya and I ran errands and stopped in the Mandan library. The library had a church pew for sale that was just like the one I had been searching for to go in our entryway. After a run to the ATM and a call to my grandparent's to help haul it, we were on our way home with this hunk of wood. Kya likes it too. I'm now searching for three baskets that fit under the pew, to store mittens, winter scarves, and slippers.

1 comment:

ReNay said...

Love your new bench!

Post a Comment