Saturday, August 20, 2011

the green stuff

Here is a very quick yard update (which is already out of date). I promise I will take more photos tomorrow.

DSC_3490
The rock "welcome mat" patio out our basement doors. It looks really neat but were not sure how it will hold up through the winter.

DSC_3492
The back yard was seeded on Monday and there is definitely lost of green showing today (just five days later). Yay!

DSC_3494
This is the northeast side yard. Our country grass is filling in quite nicely.

These next few photos are of the front/north side of the house.

~ MOM: help with perennial planting needed ~

DSC_3497
The view from the gravel road

DSC_3498
the front yard

DSC_3495
more front yard

DSC_3500
My grandparent's neighbors were digging out all their day lilies and irises. My grandparents made a quick decision to adopt the orphan plants and viola! I now have a truck and trailer load of plants to use. I think I will soon open an unwanted perennial home. Thank you for the fast thinking grandma and grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment