Tuesday, April 12, 2011

kya: spring and cleaning

DSC_1329
Spring arrived on Monday and as a result, Kya and I spent a good part of the afternoon outside, enjoying the sunshine.

DSC_1301
After dinner, Corey and Kya went for a bicycle ride.

DSC_1319
Then we spent more time outside.

DSC_1314
The windows were opened. The deck was swept. Spring is here!

DSC_1306
We discovered that Kya really enjoys sitting on the front porch steps. This will definitely be done again (and again and again) in the coming months.

Today, Kya and I were busy in our Bison Booties factory. After lunch I cleaned up our mess and wiped the floor around Kya's chair. She watched me and then was off, busy exploring the house.

DSC_1403
She returned with a kitchen washcloth.

DSC_1407
That washcloth became her best buddy for the next hour.

DSC_1410
Kya made it her mission to wipe down the floor, the table benches ...

DSC_1419
... the windows ... on and on she went.

DSC_1420
She was so proud of her work. My tidy little lady. She definitely inherited the cleaning gene from her father. Tomorrow I will teach her how to use the vacuum.

No comments:

Post a Comment