Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

stpatricksday2011

We had a very fun day. Kya and I hung out with Maria all morning and ran some errands (Maria is a huge help! I was so thankful to have her along).

DSC_0994
Then we met Corey for lunch at Qdoba.
Isn't Kya's shirt adorable?! It says "I'm a McCutie"
Kya sends her thanks to Aunt Megan (our authentic Irish relative) and Uncle Jesse for the shirt.

DSC_0989
After lunch we headed to the Bismarck Civic Center to watch the Kenmare High School girl's basketball team play in the state tournament. They won! They play again tomorrow. We will be there cheering them on. Kya loved watching the action and the people at the game. She was a great baby considering she didn't get either of her naps today.

This was my first North Dakota Class B State Basketball game and I am absolutely amazed at the outpouring of support for the teams. Classmates, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, kids, friends, cousins, distant relatives, and alumni from years ago, and random town residents ... hundreds and hundreds of dedicated fans (many of whom traveled to Bismarck) all cheering on "their team." AND did I mention it is $7 a ticket? I'd be lying if I said it didn't choke me up. It's just so sweet to see so many people dedicated and excited for high school kids, especially girls. Does this happen anywhere else? I hope so. I'm excited to see it all again tomorrow. Go Honkers!

DSC_0995
After the game we came home to a driveway of wild turkeys! One of the turkeys puffed up in front of Corey's car ... haha funny thing thought he could take on a car. Soon after realizing that the car was much bigger and powerful than they, the turkeys retreated around the propane tank and down the hill (as seen here).
I never know what I will come home to. Tomorrow ... cows? bears? oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment