Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hager Family Twins Trip 2010

Written by Kya

DSC_8328
On Friday my parents took me for a very long car ride. I was strapped in this seat for eight hours. Mom, Dad and Maria were in our car and we had lots of fun playing and making funny faces at each other. Every few hours we'd stop and eat (all of us) and then we'd keep 0n driving.

We took an exit and drove into a land of big sparkly buildings. I liked looking at them very much.

My home for the next two nights was the Graves 601 hotel in downtown Minneapolis, MN. Mom and dad say is was one of the nicest hotels they have ever stayed in. I have to agree (but since this was my first hotel stay, I don't have much to compare it to).
DSC_8308
The hotel let me stay in this neat (and very safe and clean) little crib and gave me some squeaky bath ducks to play with and take home.

DSC_8306
I was very excited to get out of my car seat. Finally. Look at our view! The Target Center was right next door (grass roof) and the Twin's stadium - Target Field - was right next to that (you can see the upper level).

IMG_6583
Friday evening we went to my first Twins Game. We went to another game at noon on Saturday.

IMG_6589
The stadium is brand new and very pretty.

IMG_6553
Everyone was so happy and I think they had fun.

IMG_6564
I had lots of grass to look at.

IMG_6550
The place really has everything - even a clean conference room for me and mom to go when I got hungry or needed a diaper change. Mom says it is at the Guest Services counter - just ask there and they will take you back to the room.

IMG_6542
Oooh look pretty lights too. I made lots of new friends along the way. So many people to smile at.

IMG_6532

IMG_6547
This is my Aunt Maria. She's cool.

IMG_6528
That's my head. I'm quite bald. Oh and Maria and Mom and Grandpa Gary.

IMG_6535
I met up with my buddy Cole at the game. We were both first-timers. It was his 1st birthday. Cole's mom is Kristan - a good friend of my moms (they were bridesmaids in each other's weddings).

IMG_6524
I got to hang out in this Ergo Baby Carrier for a few days. I had so much fun looking around, sleeping, eating, and hanging out in it.

IMG_6573
Saturday afternoon, Grandma Andrea, Mom, Maria and I went shopping. Dad, Matthew and Grandpa Gary went for a little bus ride adventure to the Minnesota Gopher's stadium.

IMG_6569
Matthew watched the game through the gates. The ticket office was already closed and they couldn't get in.

IMG_6580
Those stinkers snuck past security after half time and got into the game!

IMG_6575
And I'm pretty impressed with their free view.

IMG_6594
Oh, and Matthew made a new friend too. This is Matt Capps. He throws the ball for the Twin's team. He stayed at the same hotel as us. We saw him many times.

On Sunday morning we went to church and then started for home.

DSC_8317
Here I am in my red seat. Yet again.
This is my new toy. I played with it the whole way home. Even in my sleep. Good buy mom.

DSC_8324
We had a finny face contest. I won. Mom thinks I might be getting teeth - I made some pretty strange mouth expressions and started rubbing my gums together, side to side.

---

Well that concludes the photo tour. Corey and I took some photos (most of these were Corey's), but not nearly as many as we usually take. I guess we were too busy keeping track of little miss Kya :)
I will try to get copies of other folk's photos and will post them soon.

Oh - and I heard that Mandan/Bismarck got snow while we were in Minneapolis?! Yikes! Are we ready for winter yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment