Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Montana wrap up

Phew, it's been a busy week. I'm going to attempt to conclude out Montana trip photo tour in one post. There's a lot of cool stuff to include, so wish me luck! Here we go ...

IMG_6350
Thursday morning the boys and Grandma Katy headed out to the golf course for a round of golf.

DSC_0712
After lunch we drove out to Flathead Lake.

IMG_6360
We enjoyed the views while relaxing with a few snacks and drinks.

DSC_0735
For dinner we drove into Three Forks, MT, and found a casual spot for pizza. They had a neat patio too.

IMG_6398
Friday morning we had breakfast at the Buffalo in Whitefish, MT, then tackled the hike to the top of Big Mountain (now known as Whitefish Mountain). We did the long trail (minus the additional loop at the top) for a total of about 4 miles ... all the way up the mountain.

IMG_6372
This was at the very beginning of the trail I had entirely too much energy.

IMG_6374
After a little hiking ..

DSC_0747
We found some great views for a few photos.

IMG_6390
I quickly got very tired. Turns out, I was also very sunburned. So much for thinking the trail was mostly shady.

IMG_6394
My mom looks way too zippy. No fair.

IMG_6404
Once we arrived at "the top," we took the ski lift down to the bottom.

DSC_0756
The views were great but I'm afraid of heights and I didn't really "enjoy" the ride.


DSC_0776
At the bottom of the mountain, Corey found the down hill luge.

DSC_0780
He went very fast!

DSC_0783
Once we got all the adrenaline out of our systems, we spent some time at The Lodge in Whitefish. They're right on Whitefish Lake and the weather was awesome!


IMG_6431
Saturday morning we rented kayaks and paddled from Whitefish Lake, down the Whitefish River. The night before, there was a TV show being filmed on the lake - kinda neat!

DSC_0803
Floatin' and paddlin'

DSC_0793
We had to paddle though a huge storm drain thing ... it reminded me of Disney Land.

DSC_0786
It was such a scenic ride it was hard to see it all before floating past.

DSC_0819
My dad spotted these bear tracks in the water. It's larger than my dad's hand, so it's pretty big. I made the photo black and white so you can more easily see the print.

DSC_0822
Saturday was also Grandma Katy's birthday!

DSC_0823
We took her out to dinner before departing for home the next morning.

Thanks for hosting us, Grandma! We had a wonderful time!

2 comments:

ReNay said...

Hi Erica
The lunch at Flathead Lake was at Big Fork - not Three Forks.
That would have been a long drive.

Cute blog post
Love
Mom

Jessica said...

Did you like the Alpine slide? I liked it a lot (and so did Justin and the kids) but I was so terrified riding that ski lift up there.

Sorta neat that we were in the same part of the country. Too bad it wasn't at the same time.

Congrats again! I can't stop thinking about how excited I am for you guys.

Post a Comment