Monday, July 15, 2013

Independence Day catch up

As I not-so-subtly wrote on July 3rd, Independence Day (and the surrounding days) in Mandan is magical. I just love it. Rodeo, art fair, parade ... and best of all, the entire town transforms to red, white and blue.

July 3
continued form this post:
http://www.bisongirllife.blogspot.com/2013/07/third-of-july.html

IMG_1718
Waiting on Main Street for the children's doll and pet parade to begin, and enjoying Fireflour pizza.

IMG_1719

IMG_1722
Kya rolling her way through the doll and pet parade!

IMG_1723

IMG_1730
Our little patriotic firecracker!

. . .

July 4

IMG_1733
Kya and Lauryn waiting for the parade to begin

IMG_1740
Lauryn (2), Kya (3), Parker (6)
(Lauryn and Parker are my cousins)

IMG_1741

IMG_1748
After the parade we spent the afternoon at the family river cabin. Kya loved playing in the little bounce house. Kya was worn out from not napping, and seemed to be coming down with something (fever and wouldn't eat) so we called it an early night and Kya was in bed long before the fireworks. Corey and I had a very nice night watching fireworks from our back deck. We have an amazing panoramic view of the Bismarck skyline, so we saw the show from afar. More fun than fireworks (to me) - watching the frieflies in our back yard.

. . .

July 6-7

IMG_1765
This is the only photo I have of the weekend - it was so much fun I guess I forgot to document it.
Jesse and Megan and Connor came to visit for the weekend. Kya and Connor (22 months) love spending time with each other, so its always fun being together. We spent the afternoon at Harmon Lake and had an evening bonfire in the backyard. Oh and did I mention my birthday was Sunday, July 7? This was a great way to celebrate being another year older.

No comments:

Post a Comment