Wednesday, July 17, 2013

final countdown

DSC_3245

Baby boy Hager is due less than one month from today – August 16.

I'm overjoyed to welcome this sweet boy into the world and I wonder how it will be humanly possible to love him more than I already do. He's one active little dude, keeping me company while kicking and moving most of the day and evening. Thankfully he lets us both get some (much needed) rest overnight. He gets the hiccups often but recovers quickly – always makes me giggle. He loves Kya and seems to settle in when she sings to him, hugs him, and even when she inadvertently squashes him when she attempts to sit on my lap and rest her head on my tummy.

This weekend, Kya explained to me that she will "change all of baby brother's potty diapers," and "daddy will change all the really stinky ones, so no diapers for you mommy," ... oh if only that were true! He is already so incredibly loved.

I finally got around to taking a self-portrait photo of my ever-expanding self. My mom will be here in two weeks so maybe I can talk her into taking some maternity photos of me. hint hint mom :)

Funny story: I've "only" been accused of lying by two complete strangers who have tried to convince me that I "must have two babies in there" because "gosh, you're so big and not due for a month." Ha! I try to take it lightly and get my reassurance at the frequent doctor appointments when I'm told baby and I are measuring right where we should be. 

Here I am with Kya in tum, at 37 weeks (i'll be 36 weeks this Friday): http://bisongirllife.blogspot.com/2010/03/37-weeks-full-term.html

No comments:

Post a Comment