Wednesday, February 9, 2011

lots of love around here

For the first time ever, I have decorated for Valentine's Day.
I think my new-found love for the mushy holiday comes from having a little girl around. A little girl that is usually dressed in pink (because, you know, that is all they sell for toddler girls).

DSC_0293
I whipped up a simple felt and ric-rac garland for the fireplace and filled a few old glass jars with red and pink fabric scraps. Ta-da!

DSC_0285
Kya even got into the spirit.
She says, "who me?"
and I say, "yes, your shirt says: LOVE"

DSC_0288
and then she giggles.
(no, she isn't jaundiced, Kya had just finished a super-sized helping of spaghetti that stained her face)

DSC_0282
And of course, our February dishtowel is proudly displayed on the stove handle.

Kya has decided that all hanging dishtowels are hers to tear down, so this dishtowel is usually only in a hanging position during nap time.

Happy Valentine's Day!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment