Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Makin' Baby Food

DSC_8440

Kya is quickly expanding the variety of food she likes. And as a result, I've been making baby food like a crazy woman. I'm 100% thrilled to make baby food - it's just so very bitter sweet to see her growing up.

This selection of frozen food includes: center - apple, from left - squash, zucchini, pear, carrot, broccoli. Next up: rutabaga. I freeze each batch in small amounts (in fun shaped Ikea ice cube trays) and then I freeze the cubes in labeled freezer-safe bags. Wehn Kya is ready to eat, I thaw a few cubes (both the same or mix-and-match two or more flavors), sometimes I add a bit of baby cereal.



I get my instructions and recipes from the book: Top 100 Baby Purees (above)
I think this book is great. It is the inly baby food book I own, so I don;t have much to compare it to, but I do like this one. The illustrations are beautiful and the recipes incorporate the usual (carrots) and the unusual (rutabaga).

No comments:

Post a Comment