Sunday, March 21, 2010

House talk: it's go time

Our house moved from "for sale" to "sale pending" in just two weeks. We had ten showings the first week alone. I feel blessed that we had so much positive interest right away – it was actually a lot of fun. We've signed a sales contract and last week our house passed inspection with flying colors ...

... so ...
We're moving ahead with plans to build in the country!

DSC_0839
I should probably also mention that I am still pregnant – no baby yet – but it should be soon.
I hope. This is our family of three on our land exploration walk today.

Ok, back to building talk.
The past week we've been finalizing our home plans and we've started to choose thing like flooring, cupboards, and lighting. Oh my, it is so fun, and overwhelming, and exciting. I'm very glad we have the chance to start doing this shopping without dragging a newborn into all the stores. I think she's much better behaved now.

DSC_6117
Today we went out to the land with our builder to stake where the boundary of the house will be.

DSC_6120
Corey is standing on the corner of what will be our bedroom. The river-bottom field behind him has some spring snow melt on it right now and has become a very popular place for Canadian geese (honkers). It was so cool to see them – there must have been thousands.

DSC_0834
My mom took this photo – our house will be up on that bluff. I would guess we're standing somewhere near the kitchen.

If all goes as planned (and we don't get a major snow storm) digging will start this week. Yikes.

DSC_0852
Corey and I ... out exploring. We saw deer and pheasants. And lots of deer poop.

DSC_0831
The railroad bridge and our pond (just beginning to thaw).

DSC_0836
More of our new pet honkers. Seriously, there must be thousands out there.

---

Last weekend we ventured out to the land with my cousin Parker. Somehow I forgot to show off our photos from our walk along the train tracks.

DSC_6102
Parker collected "trees" for grandma.

DSC_6099
Listening for trains.

DSC_6094
I think he likes our walks.

DSC_6098

DSC_6113
When he got tired Aunt ReNay gave him a ride.
It was so much fun to get fresh air and spend some time outside!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Congrats you guys!!! Can't wait to see the new place coming along.

Post a Comment