Friday, January 1, 2010

A room for baby

DSC_5880
The baby's room looks like a baby's room!

Last week my parents and grandparents painted the room yellow. It completely changed the look of the room and I absolutely love it.

DSC_5879
The room is full of many special memories and family heirlooms.

DSC_5878
The crib is getting decked out - a pennant banner that I made (will be hanging high above the crib) and a play mat/rug that I made.

DSC_5876
The pennants were so fun and easy to make. Instructions are available at my sewing blog: http://www.bisongirl.com/2010/01/fabric-flag-pennant-garland.html.

DSC_5872
This was Corey's lamp when he was a baby. The honey pot is a "winder" for a music box. I got a new lampshade for it and am still undecided on whether ot not I will cover it with colored fabric or leave it white. Either way it's super cute.

DSC_5870
Happy faces! The Cabbage Patch was mine, as was the Raggedy Ann doll, the pink blankie and bear were gifts from my grandparents. The bear makes womb sounds - it's so relaxing I'm tempted to sleep with it now.

DSC_5868
The dresser was Corey and his siblings' ... before that, his dad's ... and great grandma's. We sanded and painted the dresser and knobs. As you can see, I managed to misplace one. We'll use the dresser both as a dresser and changing table.

DSC_5866
The little chair was Corey's as a youngster. When we got it, it was well-loved, a little bit broken and painted brown. My dad worked very had repairing it and painting it. I think it looks so fun now that it's fixed and bright orange.

A huge thank you to everyone who helped with the room in one way or another – I love it! I feel like I'm in a Dr. Seuss book when I'm in the room - it's really my happy place and I hope it will be for our baby too. Thank you all!

---
As we continue to decorate and nest in the next few months, I'll keep updating with photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment