Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Frosty days

We've had some interesting weather lately ...

Fog and frost the last few mornings. But, yesterday the frost stuck around (literally) ALL DAY.

DSC_5922
When I got home from work I had a few short minutes before dark to snap a couple photos. And I'd like to mention that my Christmas lights are not regularly on anymore, I just plugged them in for the photo, then unplugged them. They did look darn pretty though.

DSC_5917
That is all frost - not snow. The night before, the tree didn't have a flake of white on it. The frost was really amazing – it must have been at least an inch thick – so fluffy and pretty. If it wasn't the end of January I might have busted out the Christmas music.

The weather people are forecasting a possible blizzard (like the Christmas storm) later this week. The snow blower has a full tank of gas and is ready to go, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment