Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Another year older (and wiser)

Today is July 7. It's my 27th birthday!
This is the first year that I've realized that I'd be fine not aging anymore. I'm starting to feel "old" ... oops, I swore I'd never say that.

DSC_4468
This morning we had a doozy of a storm cloud roll though town.

DSC_4478
It was very intimidating but we found out that the bark was worse than the bite (thankfully).

DSC_4475The black wall cloud produced almost an inch of rain in less than an hour and lots of thunder and lightening but no tornados or large hail. It looked like a giant cement roller just barreling across the prairie. The sunny morning quickly became as dark as night.

DSC_4482
The other side of the storm was creepy too, but much less scary.

DSC_4495
The clouds rolled east and the sky became light again.

DSC_4510 copy
One of the chapels at work has a leaky roof. We joke that it's a holy water collection site since the water seems to be coming out of the chapel and the metal pans collecting the water are outside the front entrance. Today the pans were out again ... collecting the (holy) water.

...
My July 4th weekend recap will continue tomorrow

1 comment:

Ronda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERICA!!

I enjoyed our get-together at Fiesta tonight.

Post a Comment