Saturday, May 23, 2009

I love three-day weekends.

DSC_3453
Three-day weekends. I just love them. We seem to be so productive when we have three-days without work away from the home.

This morning I cleaned around the house and did a few loads of laundry while Corey cleaned the garage, mowed and fertilized the lawn, and washed my car (yay). 

DSC_3457
We had an outdoor feast for lunch. Cheeseburgers from Butcher Block Meats in Mandan (delicious), chips and dip, baked beans, and grilled veggies. It tasted so good after our busy morning and hard work. I even found an avocado at the grocery store last week so I had that on my burger. So totally good.

I think hope the threat of freezing temperatures and frost is behind us, so this afternoon I planted my garden. I don't have a very big garden, so I just planted a few basil plants, a lavender, four tomatoes and a few other garden herbs.

DSC_3448
Our yard seems to be happy for the three-day weekend too. Our non-apple-producing apple tree is in full bloom and is beautiful.

DSC_3441
Makes me wish I had more than one of these trees.

DSC_3454
I still have tulips too. Fun nerdy fact about tulips ... after you cut them (and put them in a vase with water), the flower stem will grow an additional inch. They also will bloom longer if they are cut and put in water versus left on the plant. I guess they like to be admired inside. Silly tulips.

Hope you all are having a fun and productive three-day weekend too!
Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment