Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Still hanging around

before after April 15
Yup. The snow is still hanging around for another day. (photo taken at 6 pm tonight)

_DSC8361
Apple Creek (in Bismarck, ND) went over its banks Monday night. Tuesday over lunch, two of my coworkers and I walked down the hill to check it out. We even brought a camera. 

This "creek" is normally just a little stream of water.

_DSC8357
As you can see, there are many (very nice) homes that either got flooded or were dangerously close to being flooded. Check out the nice little plateau that new yellow house built on. Pure genius.

Apple Creek appears to be going down but when I drove home today it was still well over its banks and just slightly below the level pictured here.

My bonus brother Andrew (my brother in law) goes to college at Valley City State University (about 30 minutes west of Fargo, ND). Valley City cancelled classes for the remainder of the semester because of forecasts for continued flooding. Crazy to think he's already on summer vacation.

It sure has been a crazy spring this year.

Thanks to my coworker Jerry Anderson for taking the Apple Creek photos.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I'm just amazed (being unfamiliar with snow and it's behavior) at how fast the snow is disappearing from your yard! Thanks for the pic updates

Post a Comment