Saturday, December 13, 2008

One blizzard and lots of cookies and few reviews

Christmas cookies galore
Today we baked sugar cookies at Grandma's house. My sister Caitlyn, Grandma, Aunt Ronda and I had a blast baking and decorating all the cookies. We made cookies shaped like trees, wreaths, gingerbread boys, Christmas light bulbs, stars, boots, candy canes, mittens, and snowmen. We're officially ready for Christmas now. yum.

sprinkles and icing and frosting, oh my!
The weather is helping us get ready for Christmas too - for a white Christmas that is. We're forecasted to get a wild and crazy blizzard this weekend, starting this evening  – with lots of snow and lots of wind. It will be getting very chilly too - a HIGH on Monday of  negative 10. burrrr. This storm is supposed to be even worse than the blizzard we had last month.

My parents fly in next week for their Christmas stay in North Dakota. I hope the storm isn't so bad that they can't fly in. It will be great to have them here.

The A Christmas Story play we went to last Friday was awesome and so funny – just like the movie. Some scenes I liked better than the movie version!

Last night Corey took me to the Nutcracker ballet. I'd never been to the Nutcracker or a ballet so I don't have much to compare it to but it was beautiful and magical to watch. I didn't realize that ballerinas actually work poofy tutus! neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment