Thursday, August 15, 2013

welcome Gavin Donald Hager

IMG_1213
I'm so very excited to announce that our little boy - Gavin Donald Hager - was born Sunday, Aug. 11, at 11:49 am, weighing 7 lb, 6 oz and he is 21.5" long.

We are unbelievably blessed and are all doing well.

DSC_3367

DSC_3370

DSC_3371
Gavin's impressive head of hair!

DSC_3376

DSC_3379

DSC_3389

DSC_3391

DSC_3523

IMG_1191

IMG_1201
This photo makes me laugh!
About an hour after Gavin was born, I had a cafeteria meal (hey, it was lunchtime!) ... chicken noodle soup, bread, bran muffins, fruit, yogurt, and orange juice. Needless to say, I was feeling great.

Two hours after Gavin was born, we were moved to a regular room - I'm proud to say I walked over there without assistance.

We've had so many thoughtful visitors and gifts and delicious food deliveries ... the list goes on and on. Thank you all!

Lots more photos to come ...

Short and sweet labor story:
I woke up at about 1:30 am on Sunday morning (5 days before my official due date) with mild contractions and a feeling like my water was leaking. I walked around our basement (attempting to not wake anyone) for an hour or so while timing the mild but strengthening contractions. I called the hospital to ask about the possibility of my water leaking. The nurses said I needed to come to the hospital the next hour or so "better to play it safe" so they could test to be sure. So I woke up Corey and we called my grandma to come over to be with Kya.

As we departed for the hospital I was feeling really silly thinking we would soon be headed back home with this false alarm. I almost opted to leave our bags at home but I settled with convincing Corey that he would leave the bags in the car when we got to the hospital. Well ... while on the 20-minute drive to the hospital my contractions got much stronger and closer together and I told Corey that it was a good thing we went when we did because I was in serious pain and being strapped to the carseat only made the pain worse. We arrived at the hospital at 3:30 am.

Long story short, my water was leaking so we were officially admitted to labor and delivery at about 4:30 am - yay! we were going to have a baby today!! The baby boom in Bismarck was obvious as the regular birthing suites were completely full, so we were in a tiny admitting room (I called it our dorm room).

My mom and sister joined Corey and I for the labor - somehow we all fit in that tiny room. The labor progressed and at 11:49 am, Gavin Donald was born!


No comments:

Post a Comment