Sunday, April 28, 2013

First day of spring!

IMG_1117
Just one week ago, it was so cold and snowy that Reagan got an 'indoor' bath in our heated garage.

IMG_1156
Yesterday it was so hot and sunny that Reagan got a scenic warm bath in Kya's kiddie pool.

IMG_1148
Before Regan's bath, Kya had her turn to swim. The warm 80° day was very surreal after the long cold winter. Kya is excited for "summertime" and can't wait to wear shorts and sandals.

IMG_1172
Kya's beautifully simple self-portrait, taken yesterday afternoon while I was cooking dinner (she stole my iphone).

IMG_1139
In other news, Kya and I have been making smoothies almost every day. She LOVES them! How I make them: whatever fruit I have on-hand (banana, pineapple, strawberries, berries, etc), plain or vanilla yogurt, a splash of vanilla, ice - blend all in blender. I add a little juice (apple or orange) to thin the smoothie if it is too thick. If I have extra ripe fruit on hand, I freeze it in baggies to later use for smoothies. I'm going to experiment with adding veggies (like spinach) and/or veggie juice (like carrot) as I know Kya likes "earthy" tastes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment