Saturday, July 30, 2011

oh, hail.

This morning, at about 4 am, we got one heck of a storm.

Lightening so close it was blinding and thunder so loud the windows rattled. I seriously wondered if our house would get struck by lightening. Lucky for us, that did not happen.

Then wham. Our house was under attach from another source. HAIL.

Somehow (and I have no idea how) Kya slept through the whole ordeal. I think it was about 30 minutes of boom, bang, crash!

DSC_3232
After the storm died down and I was still wired with adrenaline, I ventured out to gather hail. I stored the hail in the freezer so I could document it in daylight.

Yup, that is real three-inch hail. Golf ball size.
Our rain gauge shows only 0.6 inches of rain. It sure seemed like we got more rain than that. Perhaps a hail stone was blocking the gauge?

DSC_3223
This morning it looks as if we woke up on the moon.

DSC_3226
So far, we can't find any house damage (thankfully, the cars were in the garage). Just to be sure, we called our insurance rep to come out and check the roof and shingles.

Here's to a less eventful Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment