Wednesday, June 30, 2010

house talk: water and doors

This morning the guys are working on connecting the house to rural water service.
DSC_7261
I don't know much about what that all entails I just know that I like indoor plumbing. Thanks guys.

DSC_7270
I picked a bit of this - we have some in our ditch. I have a feeling it is considered a weed (maybe purple locoweed) but I'm not positive. Anyone have any idea what this is?

EDITED - I have been informed that is alfalfa and it is certainly not a weed.

DSC_7260
I took a peek inside - and we have doors! Doors that open and close!
They still need to be stained but I really like the look already. This is the kitchen pantry. So if you ever visit and want food - look in here.

DSC_7256
Interior trim will be up soon.

---

Last night we helped the my family put in a new fence at the river cabin (the same one Corey and Grandpa stained last weekend).
DSC_7247
Exhibit A: Old fence. Falling over. Gray. Boo. Hiss.

DSC_7254
Exhibit B: New Fence. Beautiful color. Stands up straight. Cheering. Applause.

No comments:

Post a Comment