Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1,100 miles to grandmother's house

Before sunrise on Saturday, Corey and I are departing from home (point "A") on a road trip. We're headed west, to Montana. En route we'll meet up with a few friends, and my parents. Our final destination is Grandma Katy's home.

Our first night will be spent at point "B" on the map, near Gardiner, MT. Corey's friend Marty and his family have generously offered to host us at their cabin near Yellowstone National Park. It sounds like we'll have a great day hiking and exploring. On Sunday we'll head to Bozeman, to Marty's house (point "C"). We'll spend the night there and depart bright and early Monday morning.

On Monday we'll head north. Way north, to Glacier National Park and Many Glacier Hotel (point "D"). My parents will meet us there, where we'll spend two nights. The hotel is located on a magnificent lake, in the north east corner of the park.

On Wednesday, we plan to make our way through the park, to the west side, where we'll enjoy some shopping, exploring, and white-water rafting. In the evening, we'll all arrive at Grandma Katy's house, in Kalispell, MT (point "E"). From our door to her door, we'll have driven no less than 1,100 miles, assuming we don't get lost along the way. Sounds like a fun road trip to me!

It's been more years than I care to mention since I've been to Montana to visit my grandma and I'm very much looking forward to it. It's a beautiful area with so much to see and do. I have a feeling I'll take many, many, many photos. I hear there are a few new quilt shops in the area too!

The following weekend we'll make the trip back home, again.

I'll try and keep this blog updated at least a few times while we're away, so be sure to check back. Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment