Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 was great

My Completed Sewing Projects from 2008
Boy, o boy was I was busy in 2008. 
The above mosiac are all photos of sewing projects I completed within the last year.

The list includes:
1 quilted tree shirt
2 oven mits
2 stuffed bunnies
3 aprons
4 quilts
and over 10 embroidered dish towels

In other reminiscing fun, I found the following list I posted to my blog one year ago, in January 2008. Today I updated the list (in italics).

Some new, fun, neat stuff from 2007:
- Getting engaged to and marrying the man of my dreams, Corey. Corey is amazing. I'm so very blessed to call him mine :)
- My new and wonderful bonus family ... the Hagers and Schumachers, I already feel like I've known then forever. Ditto again this year. They are wonderful.
- Parker. My first and only cousin. I can't imagine how we survived so long without him. Still adorable and such a sweetie.
- Lazy football Sundays ... (hurray for quilting!) oh yeah, and watching football is okay too. Haha not much has changed here.
- Pancheros. This restaurant has single-handedly brought some of the world's best tortillas to Bismarck. yum. Still major yum.
- www.jcrew.com ... the clearance section is just fantastic - I'm especially partial to the pea coats and flip flops and pants and swim suits. oh my. I have everything I need so I haven't shopped much this year. Our bank account thanks me.
- Caitlyn. She's been a great roomie this year and she's very handy with her physical therapy tricks like taping ankles or taking my blood pressure. I miss her and her crazy PT tricks. Please come back soon! (she's in California for Christmas) Caitlyn moved out into her own spiffy apartment. She's kickin' butt in class and has less than one year of class left! yay Caitlyn!
- Pinochle. It gets me in touch with my competitive side I'm finally getting the hang if it. We even taught my parents to play. Definitely my new favorite card game.
- Cookin' and bakin'. This was more of a recent December 2007 item, but I have a new passion for bakin' and cookin'. Special thanks to my trusty 'ol crock pot and new Kitchen Aid mixer. Wow I've come a long way ... who would have thought I'd actually HOST thanksgiving at my house in 2008?
- Apple iPhoto Books. I like them. A lot. Thanks for the reminder - I need to make a Boston iPhoto book
- Bistro sushi night. Thursdays. mmm good. I don't think I've been there since I wrote this.
- Going for walks. Who knew our neighborhood was so neat? This is not a winter activity. Wishin' it was spring.
- The Quilt Haus. Super cool new quilt store in Bismarck. Still my favorite.
- Christmas music. This year I rediscovered my love for Christmas music in a big way. Super ditto for this year - check out my top albums.
- Gaining a respect for people who have successfully changed their name (and all their accounts, credit cards, paperwork). Wow, it is a lot of work. Yep, glad that's over.
and last but not least ...
- Coming home to a clean house after the honeymoon. that was awesome! Thanks again to the Zundel's and Vander Vorst's, you are awesome! That seems like ages ago.

Some of the things I'm looking forward to in 2008
- Parker will turn one in March He'll be TWO! yahoo!
- Caitlyn will graduate with her undergraduate degree in April She'll graduate with her Doctorate in May, 2010!
- We'll be flying to Boston in October for Megan and (my new brother) Jesse's wedding. This will be a blast! We're so excited! Ahhh, that was a great trip. Not to self ... need to make iPhoto book ASAP.
- Our one year anniversary in November. We're well into two years of married bliss already!
- I have a feeling I'll be quilting more in 2008 I have a feeling I'll be quilting even more in 2009. I'm also planning on teaching a few eager folks how to quilt!
- Basically, I'm just really looking forward to being newlyweds. Are we still newlyweds? Regardless, I'm looking forward to another year. I have a feeling 2009 will be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment